Grange Farm Development
The Home Styling Company recently collaborated with Distinctive Developments Ltd – a multi-award winning boutique property developer and bespoke house builder.
We staged a stunning, open plan home which was one of three impressive new homes at Grange Farm in the village of Great Raveley. The project was a joy to work on for our team, and has very recently been launched on the market - Kingsland Barn
The property is light, bright and airy thanks to the versatile 2,800 square feet of space. The overall proportions felt incredibly roomy and the vaulted ceilings and huge picture windows made sure all the accommodation was flooded with natural light… which got us thinking.
We wondered how new build homes like those at Grange Farm with all those windows and all that open plan space compare in terms of energy efficiency with older homes built many years ago. Many buyers might feel that ‘traditional’ homes are always more ‘cosy’ and easy to keep warm but is that really the case?
Energy Efficient Facts
We dug a little deeper and asked the developer Richard Evans, to put the case for new build homes as a money saving investment. Richard is the Founder and Commercial Director of Distinctive Developments - a family business based near Stamford, who have been building beautiful homes for over 20 years. The awards they have won for their developments are testament to their outstanding craftsmanship and attention to detail.
We asked Richard to give us the top 5 energy saving features of his properties and how they could help homeowners save money now and in the future. Here’s what he said:
- We include high levels of insulation in floors, walls and roofs (well above building regulation requirements). Insulation is the number one money saver when it comes to energy efficiency and we have the benefit of new technology which simply didn’t exist before 1980 when 70% of England’s housing stock was built
- Our homes have thermally efficient windows and doors – all double glazed, some with heat reflective glass/brise soleil offering shading in summer months to south facing windows and doors. Air tightness is high meaning less heat leaks out and no cold draughts sneak in.
- Our homes are heated by air source heat pumps which are highly efficient especially when linked to underfloor heating as in the case of Grange Farm
- We use fan convector radiators that offer summer cooling (one of the very first installations of this innovative, new technology).
- All our lighting is LED (low energy and low cost).
All our houses are designed and built with sustainability and energy efficiency in mind and with rising energy costs, this has never been more important.
‘Dramatic Savings’ to be found in new homes says report
A recent report by The Home Builders Federation stated that the difference in energy efficiency between older properties and new build homes has become a real point of interest. The report (which has been compiled with government data) claims that buyers of new properties will save an average of £2,000 in energy bills and reduce carbon emissions buy more than 2 tonnes per property each year.
With energy efficiency and reducing the cost of living now high on buyers’ priority lists, it may be that newly built homes become the way forward for many. Don’t take Richard’s word for it - you can read the full report via this link. Watt a Save Report October 2022
If you would like to view the three properties at the Grange Farm development please get in touch with http://www.peterlane.co.uk
More images from this gorgeous property can be seen here: Kingsland Barn Huntingdon - The Home Styling Company
If you would like to view more of our recent projects, take a look here: Recent Projects
More projects from Distinctive Developments Ltd can be seen here: Distinctive Developments Ltd
Get In Touch
The Home Styling Company are always delighted to collaborate with developers and agents selling newly built homes. For advice and assistance around staging, give us a call or drop us an email? We’ll help you make sure your home achieves the best price in the shortest possible time.
Denise and Stephen Cable
The Home Styling Company
Multi Award Winning Home Staging Professionals
Tel: 07870 751108